This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and Car Gadget Deals the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and our Services. This Policy was last updated on the 22 November 2020.
This Data Protection Policy applies to the services of Car Gadget Deals. If you live in or outside the European Economic Area, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) is the applicable regulation and in France, it is the Loi n°2018-493.
Cargadgetsdeals of 30 Boulevard de Lagny, 77600 Bussy-Saint-Georges, France with Siren 885187898 is the Controller of your personal data.
The Supervisory Authority
The Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) in France is the for us relevant authority in matters of data protection. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the CNIL (www.cnil.fr). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the CNIL so please contact us in the first instance.
What is personal data?
Personal data refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Data”).
It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current, therefore please keep us informed of any changes to your personal data.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
What data do we collect?
We may collect data or ask you to provide certain data when you use our website and services. The sources from which we collect Personal Data are:
Data collected directly from you or your device relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject”) and may include direct identifiers such as name, address, email address, phone number.
Data collected online or through indirect identifiers such as login account number, login password, payment details, or IP address.
Data collected that is linked, for example if you have used our service and later choose us again, we will link your data and treat that linked data as Personal Data.
We organise collected Personal Data as Account Data and Billing Data.
Account Data is everything we need to set up your account and includes your email address and username, and information connected with our services, such as your First and Last Name, your address and phone number.
Billing data is everything we need to set up your payment including your name, email address, masked credit card number and in certain circumstances, your billing address and your phone number if this is not already collected.
As described above, we link data and if we have already collected some of your data, we will only ask you for the remaining data that is necessary to carry out the service contracted for.
What is our legal justification for processing your data?
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes and on the following grounds:
- On the basis of fulfilling our contract (when you buy from us)
- On the basis of your consent (when you subscribe to our newsletter or contact us)
- On the basis of legal obligations (for obligations such as tax, accounting, anti-money laundering, or when a court or other authority asks us to)
- On the basis of our legitimate interest (for communications about security, privacy and performance improvements of our services. Or for establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights.)
Of course, before relying on any of those legitimate interests we balance them against your interests and make sure they are compelling enough and will not cause any unwarranted harm.
When do we disclose your Personal Data?
We disclose your Personal Data in response to your business enquiry or your request for information within our Company in order to provide the best service possible and within our legitimate interest.
We may share your information with organisations that help us provide the services described in this Data Protection Policy and who may process such data on our behalf and in accordance with this Data Protection Policy, to support this website and our services. For example, with our legal other professional advisors or our shipping forwarder (EMS and in USA by USPS)
We may also share information with our secure payment gateway provider stripe or PayPal, and you may need to provide credit or debit card information directly to the provider in order to process payment details and authorise payment following a secure link. The information which you supply to in such cases is not within our control and is subject to the payment gateway provider’s own Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions. Click the following to read the Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions of Stripe and PayPal`s Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions.
In relation to information obtained about you from your use of our website, we may share a cookie identifier and IP data with analytic and advertising network services providers to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website which is subject to our Cookies Policy.
We may disclose personal information in other circumstances such as when you agree to it or if the law, a Court order, a legal obligation or regulatory authority ask us to. If the purpose is the prevention of fraud or crime or if it is necessary to protect and defend our right, property or personal safety of our staff, the website and its users.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
What are your data protection rights?
We will always make sure that you have:
- the right to access
- You can request copies of the personal data we hold about you
- The request should make clear that a Subject Access Request is being made.
- You may also be required to submit a proof of your identity.
- the right to rectification
- You can request that the personal data you believe is inaccurate to be corrected
- You also have the right to request incomplete data to be completed
- the right to withdraw consent
- You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time.
- Please note that if you do so you may not be able to benefit from certain service features for which the processing of your personal data is essential.
- the right to object to processing
- You canrequest that we stop processing your personal data.
- In relation to automated processing and profiling, you may object to the processing and you will have the right to obtain human intervention.
- the right to erasure
- You can request that your personal data held is erased, we will comply unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so. For example, if there is a legal obligation
- the right to data portability
- You can request that your personal data is put in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and transferred to another provider of the same or similar services.
- Please note that data transfer to another provider does not mean it will be erased and may still be needed for legitimate and lawful purposes.
- the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Please note that you can contact us about any questions or if you have a complaint in relation to how we process your personal data.
If you feel that your request is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority. The Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) is the supervisory authority in France and relevant to Car Gadget Deals.
How do we protect your Personal Data?
We protect your data using state of the art technical, and physical safeguards and operate a firm system of policies, confidentiality agreements, digital safeguards and procedures to ensure the highest level of administrative protection.
The data we collect from you may be stored, with appropriate technical and organisational security measures applied to it, on our servers in France. In all cases, we follow generally high data protection standards and advanced security measures to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any questions or complaints about our use of your Personal Data and this policy, please contact us using [email protected]
We do not routinely transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If we do then we will make sure that it is protected in the same way as if it was being processed in the EEA. Some countries or territories outside the EEA do not have adequate levels of data protection corresponding to the general data protection regulation. In order to protect your data and to achieve an adequate level of protection for your personal data when we transfer it to these countries or territories, we will ensure that one or more safeguards are put in place.
Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use automation for decision-making and profiling
This Data Protection Policy and our commitment to protecting the privacy of your personal data can result in changes to this Data Protection Policy. Please regularly review this Data Protection Policy to keep up to date with any changes.
Queries and Complaints
Any comments or queries on this policy should be directed to us using the following contact details.
30 Boulevard de Lagny
77600 Bussy-Saint-Georges, France
If you believe that we have not complied with this policy or acted otherwise than in accordance with data protection law, then you should notify us. You can also make a referral to, or lodge a complaint with, the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés.